The three contact points between rider and bicycle are: FOOT, PERINEAL/ISCHIAL AREA
AND HAND. The perineal area endures the most compression and friction issues of the
anatomy it contains. The perineal area problems in cyclists can be of nervous and/or circulatory
origin. The first instance happens because during the pedaling action, the thigh extends
backwards, the pudendal nerve strains causing, if not properly protected, numbness to lower
limbs and genitals. Perineal circulatory issues may depend on the cyclist’s body weight which,
leaning on the saddle, can cause arterial failure. The blood, and therefore oxygen, stops flowing
as regularly as before into the perineal area and genitals, generating dysfunctions and inflammations.
Elements such as cyclist position, saddle types and cycling pads can reduce or zero down the above problems. HL.PAD pads are high quality technologic products.
- They present features such as high protection, adequacy to specific bicycles and cyclist types inorder to guarantee top performance and comfort.
- The correct positioning on the saddle is assured by design research and by different densityfoams, distributed on key pressure points.
- This way, possible urogenital system dysfunctions may be prevented.
- 3D Prismatic & Very high density foamTo afford incredible level of protection and achieve maximum comfort and performance.
- All-way stretchImplementation of stretch materials to provide the best fit and maximum comfort.
- ANATOMIC SHAPEPre-shaped wings and three dimensional shape specifically designed in respect of the
ergonomics rules to guarantee the best comfort during stressful cycling activity.
Fabrics are made of precious polyamide microfibers, assuring maximum compatibility and a fresh softness which does not warm up the skin touching them.
- Their specific structure facilitates perspiration and allows fast drying of the area touching the skin.
- All fabrics are fast color guaranteed, resistant to the top aggressive factor: sweat.
- The most important material of a HL.PAD pad is foam.
- HL.PAD selected the most performing foams for their high DENSITY and WEIGHT CAPACITY, able to guarantee high protection and perspiration.
- The foam WEIGHT CAPACITY determines cushioning power and elastic memory in time.
- Often in more economical pads, density being equal and carrying capacity being less, foams of a lesser density lose their cushioning effectiveness after a short use.
Another essential concept for HL.PADis bacteriostasis. All bacteria, including the “good” ones, are removed by an anti-bacteric treatment.A bacteriostatic treatment, instead, acts by stopping bacteria proliferation, preserving at the same time the useful ones living on our skin. HL.PADadopts guarantees of excellence for its fabrics